These are our recommendations for Discord settings to keeping your account safe.
- Setup 2FA for your Discord account.
- Settings/My Account/Setup 2FA.
- Turn off DMs by default.
- Safe Direct Messaging - Keep me safe.
- Settings/Privacy & Safety/Allow direct messages from server members - off.
- Turn off DMs for CyberBrokers server, and other servers.
- CyberBrokers/Privacy Settings/Direct Messages - off.
These are our recommendations for keeping yourself safe using Discord.
- Nobody should ever ask for personal, financial, or wallet seed phrases in DM or in public channels. Don't give it out.
- Mint/Claim/Drop opportunities will never be sent to you via DM. If you get them, block the user.
- Claims are always done from the Claim page on the CyberBrokers website.
- NEVER from anywhere else.
- Look at link URLs carefully before clicking.
- Only 100% trust links in channels controlled by the server owner.
- For CyberBrokers that is the Information and Communication categories.
- It's easy to impersonate someone in Discord
- If you are DM'ng with someone you believe is from the CyberBrokers Team or a Discord moderator, there is an easy way to check.
- Go into Discord, look at member list on right. click the name of the person, then click message them.
- If you don't end up in same chat, you are not talking to the real person.